Friday, October 10, 2008

Ava is ONE!





Hello Everyone,
So I am a bit behind, BUT on Friday October 3rd...our baby turned ONE! WOW! Corey and I have commented that it was fast and slow all at the same time. We have been cherishing our time with her recently. She is at one of the funnest stages. She is trying to talk more and for the most part is a joy to be around :)...There has not been one instance that I can recall where someone hasn't commented on how joyful Ava is...I could be running errands, going for a walk, or just out visiting folks, and inevitably Ava will turn heads with her smile. Corey and I giggle every night about whatever she has done...whether it's crawling head first into the laundry basket, belching like a sailor, giving us hugs and kisses in the morning, riding her Daddy like a pony...just writing these things makes me laugh.
I have been recovering from a small breakdown last week...for a while Ava felt like waking up at 4:30 a.m. ready for the day...and unfortunately not even the roosters are up at that time of day! BUT she has recovered and is now waking up at a decent hour, and sleeping through the night. I had to put life into perspective once again...and get out of my little bubble. So much is going on in the world...is it not? I have been pressed to reflect on the things that really do matter...and the things that I cannot change. God is good...no matter how crappy I feel like the things around me are. He is still good...Enjoy the latest. We FINALLY caught Ava walking!
Love,

Cyndia for Corey and Ava


2 comments:

John and Amanda said...

So sweet to see Ava! It is amazing how much she learns so quickly

cheers from Amsterdam,
amanda & john

Grandma Garris said...

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY AVA!! Hope you had a great time at your party and lots of people spoiled you. Looks like the family album book from us was not as exciting as the $10 cash : )) Good job walking too, you are growing up so fast.

LOVE from Grandpa and Grandma in Nebraska !!