Friday, August 28, 2009

The Detailed Story...

Hello Everyone,

So...the story...I will try to fit in everything in the order in which it all happened. I guess the first thing that you should know is that I went into false labor on Sunday the 16th. We went to the hospital only to be told that I wasn't experiencing any contractions, (hmm...it felt like contractions!)....and we were sent home. We went to the OB the next day, and she encouraged me to sit on an exercise ball to try and engage Baby Rylee into the birth canal. I sat, and sat on that thing on Monday, Tuesday, and of course Wednesday. I began to feel contractions throughout the day- same as on Sunday. Corey told me to "walk it off"...so I continued to walk throughout the day to "get rid of the false labor." Later on, they continued 10 to 8 minutes apart, but not terribly hard, or painful. I went to be around 11, but could not get to sleep- the contractions just kept coming. So, I went to the bathroom because I thought that I was experiencing some really bad indigestion. Well, the indigestion took a turn for the worse. I started to feel some serious pain back to front contractions...only the contractions were coming hard and fast...2 minutes apart. Corey said to me, "That's impossible..." I told him it really was possible, and if he didn't take me seriously, that we would be having a baby at the house! So, we left for the hospital, with contractions coming hard and fast. Corey pulled up to the front of the hospital, not the ER, which was of course shut...Car running, and pain coming harder and faster, Corey grabbed a wheelchair, and proceeded to try and flag the dead hospital to allow us in. With a couple of bumps and pushes into the doorway and elevator we made it up to the maternity wing. I was quickly checked...4 centimeters, and my water was bulging. They immediately wheeled me to a room, and connected all the things they needed to connect. My sweet nurse hooked me up with that wonderful epidural as quickly as possible, as from just seconds I had already progressed to 6 centimeters. They were afraid that I would not get the antibiotics that I needed for testing positive for Group B Strep. Thankfully they were able to get it in, and were careful to not break my water, as they felt would quickly progress labor. They did everything they could to keep her in...so we waited, and I progressed regardless of all they did to prevent it from happening. Finally the 4 hours had passed, and then they broke the water, which didn't take much...I progressed quickly to 10, and we waited for the doc to arrive. Finally she arrived and 5 minutes later we were blessed to meet Rylee Hope. She is so sweet...really sweet. We will try to post more pics soon! We also have some great shots of Ava stuck in a recliner...she had to be rescued. Too funny!

Love,
Cyndia for Corey, Ava, and Rylee

1 comment:

jamie said...

way to go! garris you crack me up with your comments to cyndia! i can just hear it!
can't wait to meet her!
congrats friends!