Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Latest News...


Hello Everyone,

This is the latest update on Ava: She is now back up to her birth weight at 7 pounds 8 ounces...so she is steadily increasing. It was a zoo trying to get her to the doctor's office, but I made it through the tears, and was able to get Ava weighed. I really wanted to try to do it all on my own this time, since so many people have been helping out with the different outings that I have gone on. I made it!!! (It seems silly to celebrate such a small outing, but I was so happy that I did it.) Ava has been sleeping really well during the night. 5-7 hour blocks at a time. She usually wakes up for a feeding at 3, and then at 7 am- and then takes a morning nap. I feel like we are getting into somewhat of a rhythm. Daddy is getting good sleep- and I am getting used to falling asleep with her pretty quickly. It has been really precious to see Corey with her...he tells her that she is beautiful every day- and it gets me all choked up. So many fathers in our time rarely tell their daughter that they are beautiful, and yet Corey lavishes on her daily. It melts my heart each time. We have also had some tremendous dinners being cooked for us by all of our friends that surround us...from people that we love dearly. I am never without food! My sister just recently left- and had some invaluable advice for putting Ava down- and she goes down now in record time. (She is an incredible mother, and I was really sad to see her go. BUT I knew that she had to leave to be with her own family.) We are looking forward to when we get the family together once again to celebrate, and the two cousins can finally meet. Well- I hear some stirring downstairs, it looks like someone might want to eat :)...I will be sure to post some more shots of our sweet little one soon!

With Much Love,
Cyndia, for Corey & Ava

Oh- I am posting a picture shot of my nephew, Gabe and his sweet costume for Halloween. I thought all the Mom's out there would appreciate it! He is so stinking CUTE!

No comments: